SIA TAUPI E-shop NOTICE OF PRIVACY
TAUPI Ltd. is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read this privacy statement carefully so you know why and how we collect your data and how we use it.
This statement explains:
- how we use your personal information;
- what personal information we provide to third parties;
- how long we keep your personal information;
- information about marketing communication;
- Your rights;
- other relevant privacy information;
- changes in how we protect your privacy;
- how to contact us.
If you have questions about how we protect your privacy, please contact us at: email@example.com
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The following information is provided in this chapter:
- the categories of personal data we process;
- sources and specific categories of personal data not received directly from you;
- the purpose of processing your personal data;
- legal basis for processing.
We process your account data (“account data”). Account data can include your name and email address, phone number, and other details you provide when registering as well as your purchase history. This data is obtained directly from you. We process your account data for the purpose of running a website to be able to provide your services, providing security for your site and services, and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a reciprocal agreement and / or the conclusion of a contract at your request, as well as our legitimate interest in monitoring and improving our websites and services.
We process information related to the provision of our services on our website (“transaction data”). Transaction data can include your contact information, bank account information, and transaction details. Transaction data is processed to deliver goods and services, and to maintain a proper record of these transactions. The legal basis for this processing is the execution of the mutual agreement and / or the conclusion of a contract at your request, as well as our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our websites and sales.
We may process information about your application for a consumer credit (“leasing data”). Leasing data may include data about your employment, family status, solvency, and other data. Leasing data is processed only to communicate with consumer credit companies about the possible consumer credit collateral needed to pay for purchased goods if you choose a deferred payment option. The legal basis for this processing is the execution of the mutual agreement and / or the conclusion of a contract at your request.
We may process the information you submit to subscribe to our email messages and news (“messaging data”). Messaging data is processed to send you relevant messages and news. The legal basis for this treatment is your consent. Likewise, if we have already sold you goods or services on our website and have no objection, we may process messaging data based on our legitimate interests, namely to maintain and improve customer relationships.
We may process information related to any notification you send to us (“correspondence data”). Correspondence data can include communication content and metadata related to communication. If communication is initiated in the form of communication on our website, the website will generate metadata related to the correspondence. Correspondence data is processed to communicate with you and keep records. The legal basis for this treatment is our legitimate interests, namely the proper management of our websites and business, the provision of uniform and high-quality consulting practices and the resolution of disagreements between you and our employees.
We may process your personal data as specified in this notice if it is necessary to fulfill or defend legal claims, regardless of whether they arise out of court, administrative or other out-of-court procedures. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in protecting and enforcing our legal rights, your legitimate rights, and the legitimate rights of others.
In addition to the specific purposes for which we are authorized to process your personal data as mentioned above, we are also entitled to process your personal data in cases where such processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligation.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE SEND TO THIRD PARTIES
We want to gain and maintain your trust. To achieve this, we will only share your personal information if necessary.
We are entitled to share your data with such third-party categories to be able to provide you with our services as described in this notice:
- We are entitled to disclose your personal data to any of our group companies (including our subsidiaries and controlling company and other subsidiaries);
- We are authorized to disclose your personal data to our insurers and professional advisers to manage risks, obtain professional advice, or submit, implement or enforce protection in case of claims;
- Financial transactions related to the purchase of goods on our website may be processed by our payment service providers. We share your transaction information with our payment service providers only to the extent necessary for your payment, refund and complaint;
- We are authorized to disclose your personal data to other service providers to provide specific services. For example, website service providers, delivery companies, server and maintenance service providers, email and SMS service providers. In the case of subcontracting, we will take all necessary steps to ensure that our data controllers ensure the confidentiality of personal data.
In addition to special cases, we are entitled to disclose your personal data to fulfill our legal obligations.
Third parties referred to in this paragraph may also be registered outside the Republic of Latvia, the European Union or the European Economic Area. If we send your personal data to such persons, we will take all necessary steps to ensure that your privacy is adequately protected. For more information on appropriate security measures, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW WE ARE CARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal data that we process for any specific purpose or purpose will not be stored longer than is necessary for that purpose or purpose. In any case, they are stored for no longer than:
- Account data will be retained for up to 3 (three) years after the last sign-in for your account or your last purchase (whichever is later);
- transaction data will be stored for a maximum of 10 (ten) years after the end of the service;
- leasing data will be stored for no longer than the execution or cancellation of the order;
- Messaging data will be stored for up to 3 (three) years after the last sign-in account or your last purchase (whichever is later);
- correspondence data will be retained for up to 2 (two) years after the end of the communication.
Sometimes we cannot specify exactly how long we will store your personal data. For example, access data will be stored for as long as is required for specific purposes.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we are entitled to store your personal data if necessary to fulfill our legal obligations.
Sometimes we cannot specify exactly how long we will keep your personal data. For example, access data will be stored for as long as it is needed for specific purposes. We have the right to store your personal data when necessary to fulfill our binding legal obligation to perform.
INFORMATION ON MARKETING NOTIFICATIONS
If you have agreed, we will send you marketing communications via email or text message to provide you with the latest information to help you view and find our products.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from www.solarcomponents.lv at any time:
- clicking on the “opt out” link in any email;
- contacting our Customer Service Team: email@example.com
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we will update your profile to ensure that you do not receive such notifications in the future.
Please note that since www.solarcomponents.lv includes a wide network of interrelated services, it may take a few days for the information to be updated in all our systems, so you may receive notifications from us while we process your request.
Refusing to receive marketing communications does not mean that communication about services, such as order updates, will be discontinued.
This part of the notice provides an overview of your rights under the data protection rules. As some of the rights are complex, this communication contains only the key aspects. We ask you to familiarize yourself with the relevant laws and guidelines for full information about your rights.
You have the following rights to your personal information:
- the right of access to personal information held by us;
- the right to request inaccurate corrections to your personal information at our disposal (you may correct most of the information yourself under the My Account section);
- the right to request the deletion of your data;
- the right to restrict data processing;
- right to object to data processing;
- the right to data transfer;
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority;
- the right to withdraw consent.
- Right of access to data: You have the right to consent or disagree with the processing of your personal data, and if we process, access personal data and other additional information. Additional information includes information on the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data processed and the recipients of the personal data. Assuming that the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will provide a copy of your personal data.
- Right to rectify data: You have the right to correct any data that is inaccurate, and you have the right to supplement any data that is incomplete in view of the purposes of the processing.
- In some cases, you have the right to delete your personal data: such cases include: (I) personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; (II) you withdraw your consent and there is no other legitimate basis for processing; (c) you oppose the processing under certain data protection rules; (d) processing is carried out for marketing purposes; or (e) the personal data have been processed illegally. However, in some cases you will not be able to exercise this right. Exceptional cases where processing is necessary are: (I) to exercise freedom of expression and information; (II) to comply with our legal obligations; or (III) to raise, execute or defend legal claims.
- In some cases, you have the right to restrict processing: such cases include: (a) challenging the accuracy of personal data; (b) the processing is illegal and you oppose the deletion of personal data; (c) We no longer need personal data for processing, but they are necessary for you to build, implement or defend legitimate claims; (d) You object to the processing in accordance with public or legitimate interests until such objection is approved. If processing is restricted to the above, we are entitled to continue the storage of your personal data. However, we will only process it: (I) with your consent; (II) to raise, implement or defend legitimate claims; (III) to protect the rights of other individuals or legal entities; or (IV) for important public interest purposes.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data in relation to a specific situation in which you are. However, this is possible to the extent that we need to process the data in accordance with our or our third party’s legitimate interests. If you oppose such processing, we will terminate the processing of personal information unless we are able to produce a legitimate treatment for a reason that is more important to your interests, rights and freedoms, or if processing is necessary to build, implement or defend legitimate claims;
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you oppose such processing, we will stop processing your personal data for this purpose.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of scientific or historical research or for statistical purposes. If you oppose such processing, we will terminate the processing of personal information unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task that is in the public interest.
- Right to data transfer. To the extent that our consent is based on your consent or performance of the contract or performance of activities upon your pre-contractual request, you are entitled to receive your personal data in a structured, widely used and machine-readable format. However, this right is not available if their implementation negatively affects the rights and freedoms of others.
- If you believe that our processing of your personal information violates data protection rules, you have a legal right to file a complaint with the Data State Inspectorate, address Blaumaņa iela 11/13, Riga, LV-1011, www.dvi.gov.lv, or other monitoring the address of your place of residence, place of work or potential offense.
- In so far as our processing of your personal information is in accordance with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the withdrawal of consent.
Typically, cookies do not contain any information that could identify a user, but your personal information that is in our actions may be related to information obtained or stored by cookies.
Three ways to manage cookies:
- External sources (1);
- Browser settings (2);
- Our website cookies (3).
(1) Cookies from service providers
See “Transparency and Choice” for more information on how you can access, manage, or delete information related to your Google Account.
- Google Analytics is used on our website to understand how visitors use website content. If you don’t want your browser to use Analytics, you can install Google Analytics Browser Add-in . If you’d like to know more about Google Analytics and privacy, click strong > here
- we are entitled to use the “Hot Jar” to optimize customer experience on the website. Click on here You can also change your settings on the Hot Jar by clicking here (If this link is active, we’ll use your data. If this link is not active, it means we are not using your data).
(2) How do you manage cookies?
Most browsers allow users to opt out or delete cookies. Actions may vary depending on the browser and its version. The following is information on how to block or delete cookies on service providers’ websites such as Chrome , Firefox , Internet Explorer , Edge and Safari .
Please note that deleting or disabling cookies can affect your experience and you may not be able to benefit from some of the benefits of our website.
(3) What cookies do we use?
There are four main types of cookies. Here’s how and why we use them:
- website functionality cookies: these cookies allow you to browse the website and use available features such as “Add to cart”;
- website analytics cookies: these cookies allow you to evaluate and analyze how our customers use our website, improve both its functionality and your shopping experience;
- customer preference cookies: when you browse or shop at www.solarcomponents.lv these cookies will remember your preferences so that we can make your shopping experience flawless and tailor-made for you;
- Target or Ad Cookies: These cookies are used to show you relevant ads. These cookies limit the number of times your ad is displayed and help us evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
OTHER ESSENTIAL INFORMATION ABOUT PRIVACY
Third Party Websites
We may cooperate with third parties who are commonly referred to as service providers authorized to place third party cookies on our sites or our services, apps, and with your consent. These service providers allow us to provide you with a better, faster and safer website experience.
Children’s personal data
Services provided on our site are intended for people over 14 years of age. The terms of the individual loyalty program or competition may include a different or higher minimum age limit for the participant.
If we have reasonable doubts about the processing of a person who has not reached the age referred to in this paragraph, we will delete such personal data from the databases.
CHANGES IN HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
We may change this notification from time to time to reflect how we process your data.
If we make substantial changes, we will notify you on our website or otherwise, for example by sending an email to allow you to review the changes before continuing to use our website.
HOW DO WE CONTACT US?
We always want to get in touch with our customers (especially if you think we’re deceived or could improve something). If:
- You have questions or comments about this statement;
- You want us not to use your information in the future;
- You want to enforce any of the above rights or have complaints, please contact us.